Depending on the type of store products, it could be very important to let visitors of your store know about the new product arrivals. In AbleCommerce 5 it was possible out-of-the-box to display new products on the store but in AbleCommerce 7 it can’t be done without customization. You may find some scattered code shared in forums to get this done but there is no simple drop-in control that you can just put in your ConLib folder and start using it.
Here I am sharing a free ConLib control that you can just put in your ConLib folder and start using it in your scriptlets. You can get free New Products add-on from here.
The New Arrivals (or New Products) add-on supports a number of parameters that you can use to customize it to your taste. Here is a brief documentation of New Arrivals ConLib control and its usage.
Installation is simple. Just unzip the downloaded file to ConLib folder of your AbleCommerce store.
Use the New Products ConLib control in your scriptlets as follows
There are a number of parameters that can be used with New Products control. These parameters are described below.
- Caption Title of the control. Possible values can be any string. Default value is “New Arrivals“.
- Size Indicates that at maximum how many items can be shown. Possible value can be any integer greater then zero. Default value is “20“
- ColumnsCount Indicates that the grid will contain how many columns. Possible value can be any integer greater then zero. Default value is “3“
- Days Indicates the number of days to take into consideration for deciding newness of products. Possible value can be any integer greater then zero. Default value is “30“
- UseDays Indicates whether to use days for deciding the newness of products. Possible values can be ‘true’ or ‘false’. Default value is “true“
- PagingLinksLocation Indicates the location of paging links. Possible values can be ‘BOTTOM’, ‘TOP’ or ‘TOPANDBOTTOM’. Default value is “BOTTOM“